Dr. Eid is a Board Certified Dermatologist and Mohs Micrographic Surgeon, specializing in skin cancer surgery.
Dr. Eid was accepted into an accelerated B.S./M.D program and graduated with a B.S. from the West Chester University Honors Program in three years.
He received his M.D. from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in 2006 and completed an internship in Internal Medicine at Cabrini Medical Center/Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City.
He pursued a Dermatology residency at the Pennsylvania State University Milton Hershey Medical Center and went on to obtain a Procedural Dermatology Fellowship from the Medical College of Virginia/VCU Health System in Richmond.
- 2012 Top Doctor – Northern Virginia Magazine
- 2009 First Place Poster Presentation at PA Academy of Dermatology Meeting
- 2009 ASDS Surgical Preceptorship Recipient
- Eid MP. Granular Cell Tumor. Chapter in Clinical Decision Support. Published 2012.
- Eid MP. Soft Fibroma. Chapter in Clinical Decision Support. Published 2012.
- Eid MP, Anderson BE. Bowen Disease. Emedicine. Published Dec 2009.
- Eid MP. Review of Mohs Micrographic Surgery is Accurate 95.1% of the Time for Melanoma In Situ. August 2008. www.dermlink.net
- Eid MP. Review of Quality of Life Outcomes of Treatments for Cutaneous Basal Cell Carcinoma and Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Mar 2008. www.dermlink.net
- Mamelak AJ, Eid MP, Cohen BA, Anhalt GJ. Rituximab therapy in severe juvenile pemphigus vulgaris. Cutis. 2007 Oct 80 (4): 335-340.
- Dowdy DW, Eid MP, Dennison CR, Mendez-Tellez PA, Herridge MS, Pronovost PJ, Needham DM. Quality of life after acute respiratory distress syndrome: a meta-analysis. Intensive Care Medicine. 2006 Aug:32(8):1115-24.
- Adams DR, Eid MP, Badreshia S, Ammirati CT. A violaceous plaque. J Am Acad Dermatol 2006;54:185-7.
- Mozdzanowska K, Feng J, Eid M, Zharikova D, Gerhard W. Enhancement of neutralizing activity of influenza virus-specific antibodies by serum components. Virology. 2006 Sep 1;352(2):418-26.
- Dowdy DW, Eid MP, Sedrakyan A, Mendez-Tellez PA, Pronovost PJ, Herridge MS, Needham DM. Quality of life in adult survivors of critical illness: A systematic review of the literature. Intensive Care Medicine. 2005 May;31(5):611-20.
- Kim SY, Mocanu C, Mcleod DS, Bhutto IA, Merges C, Eid M, Tong P, Lutty GA. Expression of pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in sickle cell retina and choroid. Experimental Eye Research. 2003 Oct;77(4):433-45.
- Mozdzanowska K, Feng J, Eid M, Kragol G, Cudic M, Otvos L Jr, Gerhard W. Induction of influenza type A virus-specific resistance by immunization of mice with a synthetic multiple antigenic peptide vaccine that contains ectodomains of matrix protein 2. Vaccine. 2003 Jun 2;21(19-20):2616-26.
2011 – present
Virginia Dermatology and Skin Surgery Center Fredericksburg, VA
Founder and Director
2010 – 2011
Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University Richmond, VA
Department of Dermatology: Procedural Dermatology Fellow
2007 – 2010
Pennsylvania State University Hershey, PA
Milton Hershey Medical Center: Dermatology PGY-IV Resident - Chief Resident
2006 – 2007
Mount Sinai Medical Center New York, NY
Cabrini Medical Center: Internship in Internal Medicine - President of Intern Class
2002 – 2006
Johns Hopkins University Baltimore, MD
School of Medicine: Received M.D. (Doctor of Medicine)
1998 – 2001
West Chester University West Chester, PA
Received a Bachelor’s of Science in Chemistry –Biology in three years.
Summa Cum Laude
Jul 2007 – Present American Academy of Dermatology
Jul 2007 – Present American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
Jul 2007 – Present Pennsylvania Academy of Dermatology
Sept 2002 – Present American Medical Association
Jul 2011 – Present HOPE Clinic Fairfax, VA
Free clinic dermatologist
Aug 2008 AAD Camp Discovery Millville, PA
Camp counselor at Camp Horizon
Jul 2007 – 2010 Bethesda Mission Harrisburg, PA
Free clinic dermatology volunteer
Jul 2007 – 2010 Harrisburg, PA
Skin cancer screening volunteer
Jun 2002 – May 2004 Baltimore Awareness and Service Experience Baltimore, MD
Co-founder of orientation program (designed to introduce incoming medical students to volunteer and community opportunities)